In The Age of Online Marketing,
the Inbox Rules
What continues to have online business owners all abuzz with growth and profits?
Is it Twitter?
Is it FB ads?
Believe it or not, it’s Email Marketing …still!
Stunned? The proof is in the numbers:
- Top digital marketers cite 77% of ROI comes from segmented, targeted and triggered email campaigns
- Compared to direct mail ROI (7%), Email ROI is 28.5%
- Average order value of an email is 3X higher than that of social media.
Triggering is the practice of sending out a ‘next step’ email following a specific event or action. An example might be two weeks after someone purchases your product, you send an email asking how they are liking it and introducing another product they might like. Or, a free download of an informational PDF might ‘trigger’ an email in 3 -7 days that mentions a few more key benefits and a call to action …”Call Us Today!” or “Buy Now!”
One reason email marketing continues to be so effective is because of the ability to engage customers (new or current) on a more personal level, which increases trust, and the ability to target the audience you believe will have the most interest/need in your product or service.
- Personalized emails (for example, emails that address a product that the person has used or an email sent specifically to people who attended your webinar) deliver a 6X higher transaction rate
- Email subscribers are 3X more likely to share your content (cha-ching)
- 72% of people prefer promotional content through email
Instead of spinning your wheels to come up with a catchy subject line, putting yourself in your customer’s shoes and engaging with something more personal increases the open rate by a whopping 41.8%. Toss in a video and increase engagement by 200-300%!
Making Email Work For You
Building a quality email list for your product and services is key. You must know your customers; what are their top objectives and how can you help? If you need some ideas, consider a quick 5-question survey to really nail down their needs and/or interests.
Keep it social! Including social sharing buttons can increase your click-through rate by 158%.
Re-Thinking Your Newsletter (from time to time)
If you’re planning an upcoming promotion, why not create an email campaign exclusively instead of simply including a feature in your monthly newsletter? With an engaging and personalized subject headline, you may find your time and effort far more well spent and your success something to really smile about.
Need some ideas for list building or need a branded newsletter template or the the perfect graphic for your campaign?